The Design Nation Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisations's activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Design Nation accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations - in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, as a participant in the Australian social discourse.
“Being sustainable is not just an option. Its the only way forward.”
Design Nation aspires to minimize its impact on our environment and maximize the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering environmental behavior amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
“Never design anything that you can’t repair.” - Richard Buckminster Fuller
Design Nation is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all of it operations but to minimize risks and impacts through development of robust systems to implement, measure, monitor and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
Design Nation commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through:
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community
- Conversing natural resources by using and recycling
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organization
- Participating in efforts to improve the environmental performance continually
- Conduction rigorous audits, evaluations and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers and users - educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.